There are so many things that are being invented and technology is one of the industries that is expanding and progressing rapidly. However, technology isn’t that daunting, it can also be fun. Below, we’ve compiled ten facts about technology which we bet you never knew.
1) There are over 1 million malware threats released every day. As technology becomes more advanced, viruses and malware also become more complex and dangerous. Stay safe.
2) Email is much older than the Internet. Crazy, right? Early email was putting a message onto another’s user directory so they could see it when they logged in.
3) There was a Russian computer which ran on water in 1936. This was before Dell, HP or Intel came into existence.
4) HP, Microsoft, Google and Apple have one major thing in common. They were all started in garages. Now, they are some of the largest IT companies in the world!
5) Google is a wedding planner! You can plan your own wedding using Google here. That’s handy!
6) There are at least 1000+ apps added to the Apple’s App Store daily. That’s an astonishing amount!
7) The founder of Microsoft, Bill Gate’s house was actually designed on a Macintosh Computer (Apple Mac Computer). Ironic!
8) The first successful call from a mobile phone was made over 43 years ago. Martin Cooper called the head of research at Bell Labs on a DynaTAC phone stood infront of the New York Hilton on Sixth Avenue.
9) CompuServe was the first ever company to provide Internet services in 1989. A time where people were still using modems and the internet was new, it became a sensation during the 80s and 90s. It shut down officially in 2009.
10) Nearly 80% of the world’s email traffic is spam email. That’s why we like to use spam filtering!
It’s surprising how quickly and steadily technology has moved. We’ve progressed from heavy and old systems to being able to plan your wedding over the internet.
Much of today is about automation. If you’re having trouble moving on from outdated systems, why not give us a call on 0161 820 8980 and we can support you step-by-step.